Course Prep Material, Schedules, Location & Travel Details
Please review the following course information for your upcoming Colorado based training event.
Covid 19 Release/Waiver - *Please download, print, sign and bring with you to the course.
Prior to attending an E.L.P.O. Education/Certification Course, please take some time to printout the handouts and watch the corresponding videos on the "Study Guide" page.
Course Schedule of Events
The following links will take you the general course schedule for the specific course you are attending. If you have any specific questions not covered in this information, please feel free to E-MAIL us and we will do our best to help.
- Barefoot Skills Course - 3 Day
- Forging & Farrier Skills Course - 3 Day
- Lameness Treatment Course - 3.5 Day
- ELPO Certification Course - 3 Day
We have prepared some travel directions and a list of local hotels for you. All of the E.L.P.O. education courses are located in Penrose, Colorado (at the address below), unless otherwise noted. Penrose is a small rural community in south central Colorado and has very few amenities. It is located about 35 miles southwest of Colorado Springs (45 minute drive from the airport), and about 100 miles south of Denver (about 2 hour drive from the Denver Aiport). All of the hotels and most of the restaurants are located either in Florence (7 miles) or Canon City (10 miles) south and west of Penrose. If you have any other specific questions about the area or travel recommendations, please feel free to e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
E.L.P.O. Course Location: 15860 State Highway 115, Penrose, CO 81240
(Address was formerly 506 State Hwy 115, Penrose, CO 81240 - so if you are having trouble finding it, some
gps maps have not been completely updated to the change, so use this previous address.)
- State Highway 115 is a Divided Highway, so you will need to be on the "North Bound" side of the highway.
- Approximately 1/4 mile past 6th Street (Gooseberry Patch Restaurant), you will see the "EDSS Horseshoe Supplies & ELPO Education Center" sign. The driveway is about 100 feet past that sign to the right.
- Once you turn in the drive way, take the road to the right towards the large gray building.
- Go past the first gray building on the left and you will see a sign that points to the ELPO Education Center
- Follow the road between a row of trees (and semi trailers)
- Continue through the 2nd row of trees and you will see the ELPO Education Center on the left
- If you are not parking your farrier rig in one of the bay doors, please park to the right after you drive through the trees. Please avoid parking in the field area to the east of the building as instructors and staff will need to access the north east part of the building.
Again, thank you so much for your interest in the E.L.P.O. and the education opportunities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you soon!